Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Monday, May 5, 2014

5/4/2014. REPENTANCE IS A GREAT WORD.

"Future missionary from Telchaquillo."   4/20/2014.



















"Looking Back."   7/3/2013.

"Baptism in a cenote en telchaquillo."  Elder Coffman and Elder Juarez.  4/19/2014.

"Baptism in a cenote en telchaquillo."  Elder Coffman and Elder Juarez.  4/19/2014.

"Deer foot with the hermana garcia that we ate in telchaquillo."  Sister Garcia and Elder Coffman.  4/19/2014.


"Work in the office."  Elder Samano, Elder Coffman and President Garcia.  4/20/2014.

"Miracle baptism we had in Escarcega."  4/27/2014.



"Miracle baptism we had in Escarcega."  4/27/2014.




"Miracle baptism we had in Escarcega."  4/27/2014.




Elder Coffman, Elder Samano and President Garcia.  5/3/2014.



Elder Coffman, Elder Samano and President Garcia.  5/3/2014.


The following are 3 short movie clips that Elder Coffman sent with his email.












---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sun, May 4, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Subject:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

Hola mi familia!  How is it going?  Sorry I am writing a Little late its because we had a pretty crazy weekend again haha.

It sounds like all is going well in Utah.  Some good weather.  The weather here has cooled down a lot. It started with rain where we almost got stuck by lighting like 5 times. But ever since then it has been cool, well about 80 but to me it seemed like 60 haha.  Really nice weather.  I don’t think it will last much longer though ):

mc that sounds like a fun dance you had.  He seems like a pretty nice guy.  How are you doing in school?  I guess you are just about done now right.

Madre, that sounds fun with how you were playing with the dog.  I didn’t know who you were talking about last time but then I remembered you guys got a dog a little while ago.  But things are going well.  We had the reunión de liderazgo de la misión this last week and after that we went to go work in zona Campeche and champoton.  It went pretty good. the zone leaders from zona champoton are really strong. We went to a Little pueblo that is called seybaplaya.  We had visited it once before with the misión president and since then they have been going there to work 2 times a week. well it was pretty exciting to go there because if I am no longer assistant after this next change then I could be going there.

Well I had some pretty good experiences with teaching but probably the most important was one we had in barrio espernza in Campeche.  It is an área where both Elder Jaussi and Elder Robison have been before and they were my last 2 comps so that was fun to be in there old stomping grounds. But the lesson was good because we taught someone who had been taught a long time by the elders and had not been baptized yet.

His biggest problema was the principio de diezmo.  He just didn’t want to pay it so I thought of what I could say to him so that he could start receiving the blessings of tithing and be baptized.  I decided that the elders before had only explained the blessings of paying tithing but had never explained the consequences of not paying.  There are many consequences we receive when we do not pay tithing or keep any commandment for that matter, but one of the most explicit descriptions is that found in Alma 12.  It is pretty strong for a description.  It says we would be happier if we could command the mountains to fall over us than to present ourselves in front of God with our sins.

Like everyone else who has ever committed sin and started the repentance process, I too have felt the guilt of sin. I know that we feel real guilt when we are truly sad for the sins we commit. I also testify that the power of the atonement can help us to be cleaned of those sins and can help us to feel peace again in our lives. Repentance is a great Word. I try to apply it every day of my life.

Well on another note, I had a really cool experience with the power of prayer. When I was in Campeche, I came down with a cold.  I haven’t had one for a while and I think it is because since we started doing divisions, I have stopped eating so many oranges so I don’t get as much vitamin c. Well anyways, while we were sleeping, my sore throat changed from that to a cough. I woke up at like 4 in the morning and could not get back to sleep.  So I prayed to God that if it was his will, I could stop coughing just during the night so I could sleep because I felt really really tired.  Well the next thing I remember, I woke up to the alarm and I had slept the whole night without a single cough. It was a miracle and I am so thankful that God listens to prayers.  Even though I know God doesn’t measure time, he even listens at 4 in the morning. haha  Well I hope all yall have a great week and I hope we can all skype next week. love you guys a lot.

No comments: