Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Saturday, May 17, 2014

5/17/2014. A VISIT FROM ONE OF THE SEVENTIES.


Saturday, May 17, 2014



Elder Samano, President & Sister Garcia and Elder David Coffman.  5/13/2014



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, May 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: Hola' Greetings from your family - WE LOVE YOU!!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>
Yello family.  This week was good.  We didn’t have a whole lot of proselytizing work to say but we did all the changes and they all went smoothy.  We received 20 missionaries and 26 more come in this next change.  We are now just dividing areas so our hardest work will be finding areas to divide.  The last week went really good for us.  We baptized as a mission 30 and that is the most we have had in a week for a long long time.  We had a visit from the one of the 70s this week Elder De Hoyos came.  He is going to be the next president of 70 of Mexico.  We had to prepare all the meeting and I felt really good because he said the missionaries here are really good and he could feel a good spirit.  Usually they interview missionaries but this time he didn’t because he didn’t have a lot of time.  But if he would have he would have interviewed my comp and I but he didn’t so all well. We had a good lesson yesterday where a girl and his wife felt the spirit really strongly.  It was really cool because they didn’t want to be baptized before but know they did and it was because the spirit was there to touch the hearts of the people.  Well I  just want you guys to know that I know that the power of the Holy Ghost is real.  It can change the lives of people and it can guide us.  It can warn us.  One of the most important things we can do in this life is to remain worthy to feel the Holy Ghost.  We have to be morally clean have the Spirit.  In that same lesson,  President Garcia was with us and he taught someone else who had a drinking problem.  Obviously President Garcia is a better teacher than us. He has the spírit stronger than us but the person he taught left the lesson and he was just confused.  It was because the alcohol in his blood was blocking the spirit. So that is the importance of living the word of wisdom and the rest of the commandments.  Well that’s all I have to say right now but I do love you guys a lot. 
Hola mamá.  Wow that is a really cool story about the skyping.  I wasn’t planning on changing the hour but then we had a problem and we had to go check the house of some missionaries so we couldn’t talk right then.  I actually dialed the number and heard daddy´s voice and then gave the phone to sister Garcia. Haha that’s really weird how it all worked out.  I am glad you liked talking to me and I guess I forgot to write it last time but happy mother´s day.  I was really happy to see you.  I still sleep in my hammock and actually I am going to pick up another one as well this week.  That is really good you could go to the temple that is good stuff.   I am looking forward to going to the temple over there.  Well I guess I don’t have much to say other than I love you because we already talked a pretty long time.  This week was good but pretty busy with all the changes.  Well that’s all I have to say but I love you a lot.
mc that is a funny pic with the bandages.  I think you messed up a little jeje but what are emr classes?  My comp had to take a test for his school today and he studied for it a little last night and I couldn’t answer any of the questions so I am nervous for school.  I hope I can remember all the stuff I learned way back in the good óle days haha well I love you lots mc and I hope you have a great week.

Janel’s Note:
Below is what I wrote to David re: what happened with the Skyping on Mother’s Day that David mentioned above.

Hi David –
It was so fun to talk to you this past Sunday – Mother’s Day!!  What a blessing. 
There are a couple of really neat experiences, small miracles that really made a difference that I’d like to share with you.
 
-    Elder Griffin, Cameron was going to be calling when Aunt Carolyn was going to be at work and wouldn’t be able to take the call but Cameron was able to check his email on a day he usually doesn’t and found this out and then was able to arrange his call to be earlier in the day so he was able to talk to Aunt Carolyn.
-    Elder Thompson, Tyson was going to call around 5 pm and you were going to call around 4 pm.  When we arrived up at Grandma and Grandpa’s house, Aunt Colleen told us that Tyson’s time had changed to 4 pm – the same time you were going to call, this would mean that we would have to miss most of Tyson’s call and the Thompson’s would miss most of your call.  Then there was Grandma in her jazzy chair.  She would need to either be upstairs or down or if we both tried to be either up or downstairs it would still be going back and forth.  I told dad that I felt it was important for the Thompson’s to have Grandma there for Tysons call and that we’d be ok talking with you (we’d have run the computer up for you to say hi though).  Well this is when Sister Garcia called daddy and told him that you wouldn’t be able to call for another hour.  This timing worked out perfect – you and Tyson’s times switched and this allowed for the whole extended family, (especially grandma-due to being in her jazzy chair) to have the opportunity to hear both yours and Tyson’s call.  Tyson is doing great you could really feel his strong spirit.  What a blessing from our Heavenly Father.

No comments: