Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Monday, April 14, 2014

4/12/2014. I LOVE FEASTING ON THE WORDS OF CHRIST.

"I did divisions with these Elders in Ticul and Tekax.  They are all super good Elders."   4/11/2014.


"We watched General Conference in the offices so we could see it in English it was great.  Super inspired messages.  4/16/2014.


"Steelers tie.  After seeing these pics, maybe my camera is taking blurry fotos...hah adios."  4/12/2014.



"Taking Elder Campos and Hna Mamani to Tgis for their last supper before they left."  4/2/2014.



 Note:  Below are a couple of videos of Elder Coffman.











---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David Coffman" <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Apr 12, 2014 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: Another week
To: "Scott Coffman" <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>
Cc:

Time has been going really fast. These weeks will go fast too.  I got to do all I can do to try and work my hardest. I still have time left but I know the time is going by fast so I need to learn more and more to try and help everyone else. Right now I don’t really have any investigators. Well I guess I have investigators, they are just a little longer along the path.  We are all investigators. Well anyways time is going fast haha we will be doing a lot of divisions lately. Like last week we did 3 and so we are always working in different areas.  We are like traveling 70's haha its pretty nice. We weren{t sure what we were going to do though because the days we have divisions, we can eat but the day that we don{t do divisions, we are not sure what we were going to do for food but the president said we could just go to places and go eat.  All we need is a invoice and its fine haha so we won’t have to worry about food. 

So this week we went to some pueblos like ticul and tekax.  It was pretty good. They are some small pueblos but the people we found were really good people.  They were humble but some of them were really receptive.  It was kinda interesting but while I was in the pueblo, I was really excited when I had the opportunity to teach someone. It is interesting because before the mission, I didn{t really like to talk or teach, but now I love it.  I love explaining the gospel and helping others to understand it. I feel like I have gotten pretty good at teaching and for that my comp and I are traveling all over the mission to teach the missionaries.

Well I want to tell you guys that learning about the gospel is one of my passions. I believe in the resurrection. I believe that what it says in d&c is true when it says that the knowledge we obtain in this world will be brought with us in the world that comes. I love feasting on the words of Christ. I have experienced the blessing that when we read the words of life constantly that when we are teaching in hostile situations or when we need the right words, that the words have come. I want you to know that although I love learning about the gospel, that I love even more applying it. That is when we really know that it is true. That is when our testimonies are strengthened. I invite all of you to try and learn more about the gospel and then to try and live what you learn. It’s because of what it says about the wise man and the foolish man. Read it in 3 nefi or in mateo.  It is good stuff. Read it and then you will know why it is important to live what you learn. The reason why I write about this is because we just received new scripture. It was given last Saturday and Sunday.  We need to study those talks and apply them they are the most important scriptures that we have. I will show you why. Think of the bible. Were the words and teachings of Noah very important for the people of Israel when they were being taken out of Egypt? No not really. They could learn for it, but they needed to know how to escape from the problems they had right then and in that very moment and so it is with us in this life. We need to really focus in what we just heard. I am not saying that we should stop reading the scriptures instead we should continue reading them even more because that is one of the messages from conference. Well I hope you guys have a great week. I just realized that it is almost mothers day. Send me the times of when you want to talk and the skype info and we will get it done. love you guys.

Mother I don’t need a new camera. The reason why the ones were blurry is because I took them with my phone. The pics work great so don’t worry. Well I love you and I hope you liked this longer letter.  I really do love you and I want you to know that I apply what you have taught me a lot in my mission. I wish I could be more like you because you have a lot of attributes of Christ. thank you for being the best mom in the world.so last night we came home with the president and his wife said we could go there and wash our clothes again and I remembered how you always wanted to have a house with a washing machine on the main floor. Well I just remembered that about you. My mission presidents wife really thinks you are a great lady just from what you have put on facebook. Well I love you lots adios.

Hey pops . well that sounds like a pretty busy week. I really appreciate what you are doing for me. Thanks a lot.  I know it is really stressful during this time of year.  I sure do love you though.  I miss you and it will be fun to go and do stuff like repair cars and fix stuff and ride motorbikes and go fishing.  It will be good stuff.  That sounds like really good food with the clams. Eat some more for me and that sounds like a good movie. pro'lly by the time I get home it will not be in the dollar movie any more love you lots.

=elder coffman



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Subject: Re:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

That’s a way good idea mc haha and your hair looks super long.... so I kinda forgot what color your hair is...sorry mc but yeah I still like shiny things...but don’t judge me jeje  I am excited to go back home as well. Well kinda. I really love my mission. It is the best thing I have done.  I hope that you have a good time at the dance. love you lots and thanks for writing me. 



No comments: