Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Monday, March 17, 2014

3/16/2014. DUTIES OF BEING AN ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT






---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: Hola' Greetings from your family - We Love You!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

Wow that looks fun in the gym. Well to let you know, my bag dropped and my camera kinda broke.  Like it still takes pictures, but it doesn’t show the screen too well...it was kinda weird but it still takes good pics. I won’t send any this week because its really late and I need to get to bed but I just wanted to write because today we didn”t have time to write but while we are washing in the presidents house our clothes we are writing.  Well I spend like at least 4 hours every day doing assignments like opening up areas and logros and stuff like that but some days like today and yesterday and Monday, we spend the whole day doing things.  We usually have to organize all the trainings we do as a mission and stuff like that so it is good stuff.  Well I am glad I got the pics from you, you look good. I am thankful for my body as well and I hope I can go to the gym a lot when I get home.  Oh yeah also today when we were driving back from a pueblo like at 10 thirty at night because we had special changes and we had to drop a sister off in her new area, we saw a dead guy in the road...it was pretty crazy but the first thing I thought when I saw him was say a prayer for his family so I did.  That’s gonna be rough for his family but I know God loves them.  Well, I hope you have a good week mother and I love you a lot.  Also remind daddy to sign me up for school. 



--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David Coffman" <
david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mar 16, 2014 12:20 AM
Subject: Re: Hola Elder!
To: "Scott Coffman" <
scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>
Cc:

Hey pops. Well it’s nice to hear from you.  Its kinda weird how you wrote me about not worrying about not being able to teach much because this week, the last 2 days, we got stuck with president.  We had appointments and everything set up but they kinda got put on second hand because we had to change people, plan all the transfers, and he asked me to prepare a slideshow about missionary work for all the stake presidents in the mission.  The crazy thing is that I only had about 2 hours to do it but it turned out really good.  I usually always prepare a slide show for my training  I give.  It is really good.  But yeah so we didn’t get to do much work in the field but yeah the mission would not run without us. So it’s alright.  I can serve the president and other missionaries a lot.  For example today was our p-day but we lost it and right now we are washing our clothes in the mission pres. home because we didn’t have time to wash it to day and now we are out of clothes. We had to do some crazy changes because some hnas were have problems in their ward. It keeps things interesting.  Well to answer your questions, we have 10 zones, 24 districts, and 155 missionaries. 55 are sisters. 32 are still in training. 20 get here in 2 weeks and only 2 go home so we have to open a lot of areas.  That is what we have been doing most of this week.  Really busy but its good and I am gaining a lot of management and people skills. I am still keeping a log of service although I haven’t done too much in the past couple of months. and you need to sign me up for the classes so I can study in the fall.  That is really important so don’t forget it please.  I need good classes and a good schedule and I think you will be able to coordinate one well for me. so help me out with that.  I will be home in August. Well what else, my mission is about 43495 squares miles so pretty big.  Most of the population is in 2 cites, Merida and Campeche and outside of them there are some little pueblos but not anything too big.  We don’t drive cars.  Before the assistants did but the area 70s took that away. We don’t even do bikes which is dumb but it is for our safety. I have done a trici though. It’s like a tricycle but it has a cart in the front and 2 tires in the front instead of the back.  That food sounds way good. I love head meat too. We have been eating good because we are with president a lot and I am getting recipes so don’t worry. Last night when we were with the president, we ate some really tender meat. It was so good. amazingly tender.  Well I will sign off too because I need to put my clothes in. We’ll be up early tomorrow because we have to go to church in our ward and it starts at 8 and we are about 45 minutes away so not too much sleep. Oh yeah I bought a good bag and so I will keep it for after the mission. thanks for writing. adios

No comments: