Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Monday, March 3, 2014

3/1/2014. I AM THANKFUL FOR OUR FAITH AND OUR FAMILY.


"Tour of the Temple we did with students."  2/20/2014.




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: 2/28/2014. Hola' Greetings from your family - We Love You!!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

hola family how’s it going well I have jps address so don’t worry about that one, and I sent Richard an email so thanks.  As far as the taska bag goes, I already have one.  It was in my closest in the old house. idk what happened to it but if it got lost, then I will just buy one here.  It is getting pretty hot here as well though.  Sometimes my shirts just get soaked with sweat haha.  Well this week went good.  Not a whole lot of sleep again.  We had another 2 hour sleep night and so that was pretty rough but it was all good because the conference we had went really good.  It’s nice because we can see a general increase of success in the mission. It’s really good to see people change and become better missionaries.  We see it so much and it’s interesting to see the reasons why people start to change, but it usually always goes back to family reasons. I am glad that we have an eternal family.  I love telling people that I am sealed to you guys. idk if it’s bad, but I feel pretty prideful about it sometimes.  Like it’s something that I have and no one can take it away except ourselves if we are disobedient or unfaithful. I had a dream last night where I went home and gave everyone a big hug and the last person to give me the hug was mother and it was definitely the best one.  Most of the time when I share my testimony about the family, I talk about how much I love my mother because it always invites the spirit.  I love you guys so much.  This morning I was reading something really interesting.  In Ether 12:4 it says that the people who have faith have a hope of a better world. You should read it and then compare that to how Mormon describes the nefitas as they lose the spirit.  It is amazing the difference.  It says it in Mormon 5 17-18 I think.  So read that and you will realize why we are so blessed to believe in what we believe in.  I am thankful for our faith and our family and I hope that you guys have a great week love you guys lots

Elder Coffman


From: David Coffman [mailto:david.coffman@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 2:49 PM
To: Scott Coffman
Subject: Re:

Send this to Brock:

Hey Brock

How are things going? I am doing good.  I am working a lot right now.  The assignment I have in the mission is called assistant to president.  It is really hard and we lose a lot of sleep from it.  It’s kinda weird because before the mission I could stay up late and everything but now if I lose even an half an hour, I die haha well I hope you keep working on going on a mission.  The little decisoins we take in life or sometime the most important ones.  In every decision that you make, you should ask yourself how it will affect you not in the next week, month, year or decade, you should ask how it will affect you for the eternity.  Do everything you can to go out on the mission and do everything you can to prepare yourself to be a faithful husband who can provide your family with its basic needs.  That includes decisions regarding education.  Well I hope that with every decision you make that you can make it with the spirit of prayer.  Just like it says in 2 Nephi 32.  You should read it.  It give us some pretty good advice for making decisions.  Well, have a great week

elder coffman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you were able to visit the Merida, Mexico Temple. Keep up the good and important work!