Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Monday, February 24, 2014

2/22/2014. WE NEED TO BE ANXIOUSLY ENGAGED IN A GOOD CAUSE.





"Far away .... in the west."   Sunset in Campeche, MX.  2/13/2014.


Campeche, MX.  2/13/2014.




"First time I have seen the ocean in my mission.  It is in Campeche.  We saw it after doing a zone conference in Zona Ticul.  Then we went to Campeche to eat and to spend the night there.  The next day we had another zone conference.  2/13/2014. 

Elder Coffman & Elder Robison.  Campeche, MX 2/13/2014.

Elder Coffman & Elder Robison.  Campeche, MX 2/13/2014.
"We got some cocktails.  The shrimp were huge!!  It was really good."   Campeche, MX 2/13/2014.

"This is the Pan De Cazon.  You can't see my plate but I got the same as my comp.  It's really good they look like pancakes, but they are handmade tortillas, beans and baby shark meat smothered in salsa."  Campeche, MX  2/13/2014.

"Eguera family.  They are way cool.  Their daughter loves the missionaries."  2/16/2014.

"Really cool family that we had to say goodbye to in Pacabtun.  They would give food to 6 missionaries every Wednesday.  They are an awesome family and I am going to miss them.  They are the family Can, Can in Maya means snake!"  2/16/2014. 

"Other cool family.  Family Pech.  Pech in Maya is flee the brother is the ward mission leader."  2/16/2014.



"Breakfast with the new people and president."  2/17/2014.

"We had to go in the back of the mini van because there wasn't space up front. jaja." 

"Drop off at the airport."  2/20/2014.

"Tour of the temple we did with the students."  2/20/2014. 


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Subject:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

Hello family.  Well this week was a little more tranquillo.  We had to end the changes on Sunday so we were up kinda late again but we got to stay in the presidents house again so it was worth it.  His house is really nice.  On Monday the new people got here and so we had to go the airport. 16 new missionaries got here.  Our mission is growing a lot. we just have to find places to put them. haha. Well after that we started working in our area we had to leave Pacabtun. Usually I feel sad when I leave a ward, but I didn't feel that weird or sad leaving it.  It was a good ward, but I never had a connection with the ward.  Well now we have a new one that we are opening.  Its called Dolores Otero.  It's a pretty good area but there haven't been missionaries there for a long time. Well they are definitely ready for missionaries.  There are 40 actives and 600 less actives there in this ward.  It is pretty crazy, we will help them out a lot.

Oh and on  Wednesday we went to the temple!!  Wow!!  It is so nice to go back to the temple.  I had a really strong experience there.  It was amazing to be there in the temple.  I guess that is one of the nice things about being assistant. btw the new movie is sooo awesome!  Wow  I really like it. I understand things a lot better.  I heard there are 2 new movies now or something like that?

I felt so peaceful there.  I felt so much love. I received answers to questions and my testimony was strengthened. you guys should go to the temple as often as possible. It will strengthen you so much spiritually.  If you ever have any free time, don't rest.  Keep working.  Go to the temple.  We have this really powerful video of President Eyring,  he is talking about how after the Savior died in the cross, he didn't rest. He kept working.  He went to the spirit world and preached to them and opened the spiritual prison. Well President Eyring invites us to not rest.  He says to keep working because it is what the Savior did.  He says even when we feel like we deserve a rest it is not so. We need to be anxiously engaged in a good cause.  Its a really inspiring video. well I guess I am just talking a lot about the temple because I haven't been for a long time but I really do miss going whenever I want to. when we left the temple, I felt like I was leaving to the lone and dreary world.

The next day we were planning things out in the offices and some college students came over and wanted to know more about the church. so we watched some movies and then went over to see the church and then we went into the waiting room in the temple and the spirit we felt was so strong. I asked them if they had felt that way before and they said they never had felt like that..it was an amazing experience. The temple is such a beautiful powerful place and we have the great blessing of living so close.  We need to take advantage of that opportunity so we can strengthen our selves and help other people to progress in the gospel. 

We helped a lot of people to feel the Saviors love. I love it when we are the anwers to the prayers of people. Try and do that. Try and be the instrument in Gods hands. you will feel happier.

Well I guess that is all I have to say this week. 

I love you guys a lot and hope you have a great week.

love elder coffman



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Subject:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

I got the vday letter thanks love you lots





---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: Michelle says Hi
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

Where are you working mc?  Well I hope you can work there.  If you do get the job, tell everyone I said hi. love you lots sis

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Elder Coffman,
Hi David - Thanks for sending so many great pictures - it really brings your emails to life .... a picture is worth a thousand words but keep up the good writing also!
Love Always,
Mother xo