Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Sunday, February 16, 2014

2/1/2014. WHAT WE THINK OF OTHERS CAN MEAN EVERYTHING FOR US.



"Elder Robinson, Elder Villalobos (70 de area) and President de mision y su esposa.  Elder Villabos is a really good Elder.  He is really powerful.  He did a capacitacion here in Merida for all the leaders of the church and we were invited.  I learned a lot.  Hopefully I'll be able to apply it when I have leadership positions in the church later on."  1/25/2014.




"Cool archway in Calkani.  I was on divisions with Elder Zambrano.  He is from Honduras.  He's a really good Elder."  1/29/2014.

"Zona ticul.  We went to a training there."  1/31/2014.



"IDK how someone got these pictures of Elder Robinson and I, but I guess the news is out now...instead of going to bed on time...we sneak out and fight crime!"  1/20/2014.




"The Training I did for revelation."  1/28/2014.

"The Training I did for revelation."  1/28/2014.

Hunting Iguanas.  1/29/2014.


Hunting Iguanas.  1/29/2014.







--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: Hola' Greetings from your family We Love You!!!!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

Hi.  Well first of all I got the card from you guys in the well this week went by super fast. I spent most of the week out of the area in divisions and in training but I learned a lot. Its amazing how different the pueblos are to were we live. because we live in a pretty nice part of Merida. but some of the pueblos are very different. like no paved roads, dirty living conditions and people who only speak Maya. its been a while since i have been out in a pueblo but I sure did like it. Its just a different way of living.  I learned something too.  A really important lesson.  When we were in divisions we were going to this lady's house to eat and when i saw her house I was just thinking oh great....she lives in a shack.....so we passed by her gate past a bunch of skinny little chickens and then I saw the hermana. right when I saw her I felt bad for what I had thought and asked for forgiveness.  This hermana is one of the sweetest and most faithful members I have met.  The first thing she told us was that she had just finished reading her Book of Mormon and read about the 2000 warriors and said she was thinking of us because she loves the missionaries so much and even though she doesn't have a lot to give, she always does (there's some widows mite for ya) she then told us how she was always doing her visits even though no one else does it and even though the people she visits still haven't been to church for a long time she said she was never going to give up on them. I was thinking even though she doesn't know what I thought I still feel bad for even thinking what I was thinking. So maybe what others think of us is not important, but what we think of others can mean everything for us.  As it says in Alma 5:27 Have ye walked, keeping yourselves ablameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently bhumble? That your garments have been ccleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to dredeem his people from their sins?
 28 Behold, are ye stripped of apride? I say unto you, if ye are not ye are not prepared to meet God. Behold ye must prepare quickly; for the kingdom of heaven is soon at hand, and such an one hath not eternal life.
 29 Behold, I say, is there one among you who is not stripped ofaenvy? I say unto you that such an one is not prepared; and I would that he should prepare bquickly, for the hour is close at hand, and he knoweth not when the time shall come; for such an one is not found guiltless.
 30 And again I say unto you, is there one among you that doth make a amock of his brother, or that heapeth upon him persecutions?
 31 Wo unto such an one, for he is not prepared, and the atime is at hand that he must repent or he cannot be saved!
 32 Yea, even wo unto all ye aworkers of iniquity; repent, repent, for the Lord God hath spoken it!
 33 Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto aall men, for the barms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.
 34 Yea, he saith: aCome unto me and ye shall partake of the bfruitof the tree of life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the cbread and the waters of life dfreely;  i really love that chapter and would have put the whole thing on the email. but you guys should read it.  Well I remembered that the point of us going to eat with the members is not to fill our bellies. it is to strengthen them and she was the one strengthening me.  We should never judge.  We need to think the best of everyone.  I am far from perfect, but everyday I learn a little more and I hope that tomorrow I will be better than what I am today. 

Well after that we had some good times hunting iguanas.  I sent the pics but I actually had one in my hand and everything but it wiggled out haha. so after I got back from doing divisions, we had to stay up until 3 in the morning working on some stuff for the mission. I was sooooooo tired the next morning but it was alright because then we had to go to a place called ticul to go to a consejo de zona. it was good because we got to sleep on the convy on our way down.  well that is about all that has happened this week.  but i love you guys lots.

Elder Coffman





Feb. 1, 2014
Forward From: Richard N. Smith
To:  Carolyn, me

From: David Coffman [mailto:david.coffman@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2014 11:14 AM
To: Richard N. Smith
Subject: Re: Missionary evening

Wow that is awesome!  That sister sounds like a really faithful one.  I can’t wait to go to the temple again with you grandpa.  I am really excited for that.  How is grandma's health doing? i am doing really good and i like what you said about our efforts.  I have seen it many times where people I taught got baptized 1 or 2 transfers after I left the area.  It is a really good feeling to know that.   I hope all is well in btown.   Love you guys a lot.

Elder Coffman






No comments: