Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1/18/2014. WE USE FAMILY HISTORY A LOT FOR FINDING PEOPLE.




My son Elder Peterson and his son Elder Reyes ( my grandson) so this is our family picture.  1/7/2014



--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: Hola' Greetings from your family. WE LOVE YOU!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

hola familia. well this week went by really fast. we have been starting to use family history a lot for finding people so that is cool that mc has that calling. It is really cool stuff. A lot of people really open up when we start talking about their families. To answer your questions:  Here the rule is we do not knock doors, but we do street contacts. They just don’t want us scheduling an hour to knock doors. It’s good because it makes the members share the gospel.  My comp is from Rexburg.  My other companion, Elder Martinez. (He actually went home last Monday) he is from Chihuahua.  I am really glad that you liked Elder Rushton’s talk.  He’s a really good person.  That’s good Dillon came back too.  Is Richard home yet?  I guess it was exactly 2 years ago when I started so that is kinda weird. it seems like a long time ago.  I am really glad that I still have more time to serve the Lord.  It is the best thing I can do.  Yesterday we did divisions with some zone leaders and I went back to the ward that received me here when I came back out to the mission field about a year ago. It’s amazing that a lot of them still remembered me.  We got to talk to some converts we had and it was great.  We didn’t get a whole lot of time to work in the area well at least I didn’t because I was in the other areas of the other missionaries helping them out. we have been using family history like I said and the president authorized us to use his laptop to look for people{s ancestors right there in their houses when we teach them so it’s pretty nice to use some technology, maybe someday we will get ipads haha
I guess the only new things this week is that it has been really cold especially at night haha its funny because in the summer I just sleep in the hammock with nothing but now if I don’t have a sheet I die hahaha.  It’s only like 50 but after being in really warm weather for a long time, it makes ya feel pretty cold.  One of the nights, we slept outside and that was pretty nice but we woke up in the middle of the night because the mosquitoes were attacking us haha but then they went away.  Is there a lot of snow in Bountiful right now?  Well that is about all I have to say this week. I can’t think of anything but I’ll send you guys some pics





---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Re:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

Yeah in my p. blessing it says to honor my heritage.


No comments: