Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Thursday, January 16, 2014

1/11/2014. WE NEED TO BE PREPARED TO MEET GOD.



Merida, MX Temple

Janel's note:  Elder Coffman sent some pictures this week but they didn't come through so hopefully he can send them again next week. I thought it would be fun to include a picture of the beautiful Merida, MX Temple.




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Subject:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

Hola.  Well this week was good.  We have a lot of stuff to do. I feel overwhelmed sometimes because there are a lot of stuff that the assistants have to do and sometimes my companion just tells me stuff I need to do and its stuff I’ve never heard of before so it’s kinda crazy. What makes it even crazier is that I thought the old assistant that was here for 9 months was going to stay longer so that he could kinda train me, but he is going home on Monday so it’ll just be me and Elder Robison.  He’s got it down pretty good but I still don’t know a lot of the stuff that I have to do but I’ll get it down.  Just gotta keep working hard.  I think the reason why I am here is because I have been working hard my whole mission and so I know it really does pay off to work super hard.  Probably the hardest thing though is we are always tired because we are up til 1 or 2 sometimes and getting up at 5.  I don’t think it’ll be like that every week but definitely in transfers.  Probably the thing I need to do most is try and help out other missionaries to be more efficient in their work. God has given me much and he requires much from me as well so I hope I can exceed the expectations.

Well that’s all I have to say about being an assistant, but I am going to really like it. Our house is way nice too. It is 2 stories, has 4 bathrooms and is clean.  My companion is really good too. It’s so easy when we both want to work hard. It’s how it has been for a while now with my comps, but it teaches me the importance of choosing a wife who is faithful to the gospel and everything because when it is just you working alone, it is really hard to be faithful.  He’s a good guy though.

I hope all you guys had a great week.  I am glad that yesterday was daddy's b-day.  He sure is great. Did you guys do anything special?  I hope you guys are all doing good.  I am really good. 

Well this week, I would like to share something with you. it is about the importance of working for your salvation today. I was thinking about that today when I was studying because i was reading things that say how to be a better missionary and everything and I felt like I should have seen this list and started working at it about 2 years ago.  In dand c 10 And again, be apatient in tribulation until I bcome; and, behold, I come quickly, and my creward is with me, and they who have dsought me early shall find erest to their souls. Even so. Amen. well when i read this, it says we have to seek God early in our lives.  If we don’t, there are great consequences.  That is what it says in Alma 34. I would suggest reading that chapter.  It is one of my favorites. well for me, what I need to do to be a better missionary is a little different than what you guys at home need to do to be more prepared to meet God but it all has to do with something very important. That thing is called repentance.  It shouldn’t be a scary word, but some people think it is.  I love the word. without his divine process, I wouldn’t be able to be forgiven of my sins and I wouldn’t be able to become a better person.  Well I also want to tell in alma 48, it says something about how the Nephites felt when they had to kill the Lamanites in the war. it says: 23 Now, they were asorry to take up arms against the Lamanites, because they did not delight in the shedding of blood; yea, and this was not all—they were bsorry to be the means of sending so many of their brethren out of this world into an eternal world,cunprepared to meet their God. we have a very short time to prepare to meet God. In Alma 42 I believe, it says that God made our days longer and forbid us to partake of the tree of life so we could prepare ourselves to return to him. i hope we can all search God early in our lives. if not, we will have to suffer the eternal consequences. 

well I love you guys all a lot and I hope that you guys have a great week.   See ya next week.

No comments: