Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

COME WHAT MAY COME, AND ENJOY IT (even if it's a bike crash)!


Current mission, waiting for ...

First I’ll answer your questions.  It was about two weeks ago when I sent the box of things.  I don’t know what happened.  I sent it by USPS flat rate…. I hope you can find it.  I still don’t know anything about my visa, but I am now with other missionaries who are waiting as well.  They arrived at the MTC the same day I did, so I guess when they receive it, I will as well.  Do you know if Elder Rushton is still in Michigan?  The next email, tell me Elder Parkinson’s address.  Tell Anne thanks for the stuff.  jaja  She and her whole family are very friendly.  Well, this week went well.  We are still getting a lot of new investigators.  It’s hard at times because we teach a really good lesson, and then the investigators drop us and don’t want to listen.  It is hard because I develop a love for our investigators and I get sad when I hear they don’t want to listen to this message.  Really, this message of the Gospel is the best way to overcome any challenge you have in life – whether they are with the family, individually, or in another way – the Atonement of Christ is real and it’s here to help us.
Mother, thanks for the mother alerts jaja and for the story from Aunt Carolyn.  It is really good.  And don’t worry about the confrontations.  They aren’t anything. jaja  Like one of the Apostles said:  come what may come, and enjoy it.  jaja  That’s good with the bikes.  I am riding a bike every day and I like it a lot.  But I crashed this week and almost got ran over but I didn’t get hurt so all is well(:
Michelle – you’re welcome for the teaching about football.  Maybe you will be able to throw better than me when I get back from my mission. jaja But keep praying.  
Stephen’s note:  I think his email got cut off here.  What follows is a separate email he also sent:
I love you familia and may you all have the Spirit and continue in faith and may God bless you. May you have a good week and enjoy each other jaja see ya’.
Merida!


No comments: