Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

... YE ARE MY DISCIPLES, IF YE HAVE LOVE ONE TO ANOTHER.


The following is translation from original Espanol:
JAJAJA! We’re OK as far as the tornado goes.  It was really weird because our zone leader told us that when there is a tornado, the sky looks green and that’s just what happened.  There were tornados all around us, but nothing in our area.  We were leaving our apartment and a black guy told us “Hey, you guys are crazy!!!  There’s a tornado!!”  But we just told him that we knew that this (Gospel) is true and we have to share it!
This week was really good.  We had a lot of appointments that planted us, but we still have 7 new investigators.  One of them is a woman who answered the door.  She was eating tortillas with butter jaja  - how weird!!  And she gave us her tortillas and I thought “Wow – Latinos are really nice.”  We are strangers, but even so, they always give us food.  These people are really nice.  I have never seen a Latino not respond when I say something like hola or buenas noches.  They always say hola in reply.  But people from the US, sometimes they don’t respond.  jaja Of course, there are bad Latinos and good people from the US, it’s just that I see more good Latinos.  (Stephen’s note:  he’s not kidding when he says they are super nice.)  But there were two missionaries from another religion that were really mad because of us.  One of them told me I’m going to Hell because I’m Mormon and many ugly things like that.  I realized we always need to have charity, but he didn’t have charity.  The hate he had for my companion and I really surprised me.  I hope another time he can hear our message.  I know we are disciples of Jesus Christ because it says in John 13:35 – “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” 
Well, for Easter, we ate menudo!!! (Definition: traditional Mexican dish, made with beef stomach in a clear broth or with a red chili base. Usually, lime, chopped onions, and chopped cilantro are added, as well as crushed oregano and crushed red chili peppers. Boiled tripe has a tough chewy texture very similar to calamari, but with a completely unique flavor and smell.  jaja  I ate like 4.5 cups of this soup and it made me remember the George Washington soup Daddy made.  jaja  but the rest of the day was normal.  We just worked.  The holidays aren’t so different for us, but rather sometimes people are more receptive to this message.  Did you get my package?  I sent a lot of photos and the iPod Shuffle for Anne and my pink clothes jaja but also I received the Easter package.  Thanks.  And I thought it was really funny with the pig skin basket jaja thanks a lot.  And Daddy, thanks for the information about the land of the Book of Mormon.  It’s really interesting.  And I want some of that nosotros soup (;
Hermanito, thanks for the advice.  It is very important we do it, especially when that’s what Jesus Christ would do.  Thanks for all the advice.  How did the Easter pachanga go?  jaja I don’t know if that’s the word, but my companion from Aguas Calientes told me that they use pachanga instead of fiesta sometimes jaja.  Well, what happened with the piano and USU?  Nos vemos(:
Michelle, every day is an adventure here.  Especially because we’re on bikes.  We had a contact with a Catholic man.  He told us it is impossible to convert him because he already knows everything.  He thinks he didn’t need the Spirit because he went to college and studied all the history of all the churches and through those studies, he realized the Catholic church is true.  He told us the Spirit only was in our minds.  He doesn’t believe in this gift.  But let me tell you that the Holy Ghost is real and we should pray to have this gift.  We should live in such a way to always have this gift with us.  We are very blessed to have this gift and we should use it always.  It is really important.  As missionaries, we can say anything, but nothing will happen without the Spirit.  Try to apply this to your life Michelle.  I didn’t know much about this gift before my mission, but now I know a little about its importance.  Bye.


Mother, thanks a lot for everything.  I am sorry I don’t have a lot of time to write, but I liked the information about Easter.  I hope everything is well with your work.  See you later(:


I love you a lot familia.

No comments: