Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Sunday, June 8, 2014

6/7/2014. TWO STAKE COMBINED BAPTISMS.




"Elder Samano and I in Presidents office."  4/5/2014

"From the hotel in Campeche."  Elder Samano & Elder Coffman.  4/28/2014.
"In the hotel room in Campeche."  4/28/2014.

  
"With a member from Escarcega."  4/27/2014.
"Lunch in the office.  We ate Pollo Estilo Sinaloa."  4/28/2014.

Elder Samano, Sister Garcia & Elder Coffman.  6/4/2014.




"So if you can see in the picture, that is a mother and daddy in the laptop.  It is because I used your skype account mother so we could project the baptisms to the sacrament meeting rooms via web cam so that all of the people could see the baptisms. it was pretty sweet."   6/6/2014.

"Some Elders from the ward when we had the mega baptism.  Left to right: Elder De Santiago, Elder Samano, Elder Hainsworth, Elder Judd, Elder Coffey."   6/6/2014.

"Mega baptismal service we had."  6/6/2014

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas."  6/6/2014.

"Little girl from a sisters area."  6/7/2014.

"Someone my comp baptized."  6/7/2014.

"Even President baptized."   6/6/2014.

Elder Coffman and a little boy right before baptizing him.  6/7/2014.
Elder Coffman and newly baptized boy.  6/7/2014.

Elder Coffman and newly baptized boy.  6/7/2014

"Other baptism we had in Oxkutzcab.  I baptized the kid in front of me.  He has a really strong Yucatan accent."  6/7/2014.




Baptisms.  6/7/2014.
"Family from Akil.  We were torillando."  5/30/2014.
"Froyo!!!! I didn't know they had it in Mexico until last week hahaha."  6/2/2014

Elder Samano, President Garcia and Elder Coffman.  6/2/2014.





---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Subject:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

Well this week flew by as well. We have a lot of cool stuff that happens every week and I feel bad because we literally never have time to rest so I never can write in my journal hopefully I will be able to remember all of the things that I do.  Well this week we had a zone conference on Monday and we did the big goal thing that we did last week in Ticul.  Since it was a zone conference of 3 zones we had the goal to baptize 71 people. it was a really big goal.  So president, Elder Samano and I all set off to work with the missionaries that had problems,

One day I went to Hunucma a little pueblo and President and Elder Samano went to some other places.  Well I was there until about 10:30 at night working with the sister missionaries they were trying to help some people accept baptism.  It was pretty crazy because we didn’t realize that there was no cell phone service in the part of the pueblo we were in so President couldn’t find us. Well after all is said and done, we got home at like 1 at night.  Then we worked the next day like that as well.

Well Friday came a long and we had 30 baptisms that were going to take place because some investigators didn’t accept to be baptized so quickly and some others weren’t married. btw not being married is such a big problem here.  It is soooooo annoying.  Also it is really annoying because here it is a lot harder to get married than in the states.  For example a bishop cannot marry someone here.

Well anyways we were working with some other sister missionaries on Friday like 2 hours before the baptism.  We had to work and work with some muchachas to help them accept it.

Well we got them to accept it and we took them and their mom to the mega baptismal service.

So we got there and there were 2 stakes at the baptismal service.  It was really special.  28 people got baptized.  It is a really significant number for us as a mission because the baptisms had dropped a little bit.  That is only on 3 zones and there are 8 more zones so I hope we can have a really high number of baptisms this week.  Well Elder Samano Presidente and I have been working super hard and it is amazing how the attitude of the mission has changed.  The mission has changed their attitude and now has a lot more faith.  Really I feel like it want us that made the difference.  Yeah we did help some people accept it but really it is the change in attitude and desire that the mission has made to help them baptize more. It is sad because right when things are starting to really pick up mission wise, I am about to go home. 

I wish I could stay here forever.

Well I was really thankful that I had the opportunity to baptize some people.  I like baptizing people and I always feel a great honor when someone asks me to baptize them.  I love the mission and I love the gospel.

Well one thing that was sad is that a kid we taught didn’t get baptized with his mom because his dad took him away and didn’t let him get baptized. ......... I never realized it while in Utah where there are a lot of good men but after leaving the Mormon community, you realize how different people are when they don’t have the light of the gospel to guide them. 

Well I know I have talked about baptisms a lot in this letter but always remember that the most important thing we do is help them be active members in the churchos they can be sealed as a family someday.  Well I am happy we are sealed and I love you guys a lot. Thanks for everything and well be seeing ya later.

elder coffman


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: Hola' Greetings from your family - WE LOVE YOU!!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

hellow mother. I am happy I can write you.  I love you very much.

Well that is really happy about your 29th anniversary together!  Wow almost 30 years. That is really amazing.  So you have had more time living together then living single.  That is something really amazing.

I know what my return date is but I am not going to tell you so that it can be a surprise. hehehehehehehehe

So that is a pretty interesting pic. with you and Michelle and the dog.  What’s the dogs name again? So that is good you are doing your visiting teaching.  Almost no one does it here.  It is kinda frustrating.  But yeah that is really important.  Well I love you a lot and I hope that you can have a great week.

love elder coffman

No comments: