Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Sunday, June 15, 2014

JUNE 14 & 15 2014. IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE DILIGENT.




Baptism Service.  6/6/2014.



















 

Office Meeting.   Elder Coffman, Elder Samano and others.  6/12/2014


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: Hola' Greetings from your family - We Love You!!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

hola mamá well I am still keeping it, as they say in Spanish, un secreto!!!!!!!!!  You won't know when I get home until I show up on the front door. or you will have to sleep in the airport for a couple of weeks so you are there on when I get home from the airplane. 

Well anyways I have written in my journal a little bit.  I know it is important.  I will do better.  That is so crazy that Isaac is going on a mission now.  Wow that is nuts. that sounds like some good talks as well.  I am excited to meet Jessy.  I hope she doesn't bite me when I get home.  It will be weird to see a dog that I actually want to touch because here all the dogs have diseases and look like zombies haahaha.  Well  I will send some pic and also I will write a longer email later.  Love you lots

elder coffman


Hola MC.  Well yah it was a pretty cool baptismal service. and so I miss you too. You are still 16 right?  I guess I will just barley miss your b-day but oh well. So what's up with the ardillas? tell me hobe. 

love ya 

elder cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofam


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: Brock email
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

send this to brockley 

Hey Brock well that is good what you said about being diligent.  It is one of the most important things we can do. Baptism is just the door that we enter in. We have to continue strong. I would suggest 3 things to read so that you can learn more.  The first is chapter 8 of 1 Nephi. It explains how we can stay on the path.  Then read in Preach my Gospel Chapter 6 in the part that talks about diligence. and then read the talk by President Uchtdorf from last October in the priesthood session. I think it is called "you can do it now" those are some really good sources to learn about how to be more diligent. Well thanks for writing big guy.  Love you lots and I hope to see ya soon.

elder coofffffffffffman





---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Subject: Fwd: Hello Elder Coffman
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

Well this is a message from someone from the ward Chichen Itza when I was there. 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: J. E.

Date: 2014-06-10 13:06 GMT-05:00
Subject: Hello Elder Coffman
To: "
david.coffman@myldsmail.net" <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>


I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you and Elder Jaussi but you are gone :(

I can tell with all my heart that you both were working hard. Things are good in Chichen Itza, it is a good ward. I'm not getting use to the food still and I don't think I'll never. Sometimes when I hear the word "relleno negro" I remember you hahaha and the time when I told you that I was going to cook that, not your favorite food.

Please send this email to your mom so she can know that she has a wonderful missionary.
Elder Coffman's mom: I hope someday I can receive an email from a total stranger saying that my son is working hard to build up Zion. Congratulations, you raised a wonderful person!

You are ALWAYS welcome in my house if you come and visit Mérida or the city (including your family). I think I have some pics of you and Elder Jaussi, I'll look for them and I'll send them.

Include my family in your prayers :)

My son misses you and Elder Jaussi.

Remember as always Santiago says: TÚ be nice
_________  in 2 months is turning 8!

J. E. or H. L.
(I prefer the first one :D )

Sent from my iPad









---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David Coffman" <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Jun 15, 2014 3:51 PM
Subject:
To: "Scott Coffman" <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>
Cc:

Hey pops, well I know you have never been into the whole holiday thing for yourself, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I am thankful for all the good examples of what it means to be a father, husband, priesthood holder, and friend. I am thankful that you are my dad and of all the things I miss most, doing things with you, whether it be fishing, working on cars, riding motorcycles or even just cleaning the garage, is what I miss most.  I am looking forward to seeing you again and I am so thankful for you.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  I am so thankful you and mother got sealed in the temple.  I know that for me, heaven would not be heaven if you and mother weren't there with me.  Thanks for everything and I guess you guys will have some good meat today at grandpas so eat some for me too. 


From: David Coffman [mailto:david.coffman@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2014 3:55 PM
To: Richard Smith
Subject:

Happy Father’s Day Grandpa!  I love you so much.  Thanks for being a great example.  I still am amazed at all the things you do. You are active, you are smart, you are faithful, you are hardworking, and you are loving.  There are many things that have impressed me about how, like how you still learn about computers even though you are getting older, how you water ski, how you work hard, how you taught me how to use a chain saw, how you wake up early to go to the temple, how you serve faithfully in the church. The thing that has impressed most however is how much love you have shown to grandma in the years that she has been sick.  Truly you are an example of Christ and I hope someday I can love my wife as much as you love grandma.

I am looking forward to seeing you again

Happy Father’s Day

Elder Coffman





No comments: