Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Sunday, February 23, 2014

2-15-2014. WE NEED TO SURROUND OURSELVES WITH GOODNESS.







"The hermana made us cochinita.  Really tasty." 2/10/2014.












"Cool Graffiti."  Mexico.  1/20/2014.





---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Subject:
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

Hey family, well things are going good.  I don’t have a whole lot of time to write because we have been busy with changes and we have to get all that done but I just want to tell you that I had a good week. Really busy but really good.  Yesterday I bought a hammock and if one of you want one I can get one for you.   Just tell me the color.   Well we had to sleep in the missiona presidents house last night and it was really nice.  It makes me miss the houses in the us.   I really love Mexico but it will be nice to be back in good houses again.  Well what else can I say I have been really busy but really happy.  The zone conferences went great and I really like training people. What else. Oh yeah I think my mission pesidents wife added mother on facebook.  So good job.  Have you been able to update my facebook yet?  What else.  I don’t have too much more to say but have a great week. Adios



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: Hobbies Email
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

This is for Michelle to read.  Well hobe I am excited to see you when I get home jeje it will be good to see you guys but I still have a lot of time so don’t worry about having to see the old munk again too soon.  But I am kinda scared actually for when I get home.  Let me tell you why.  Keeping the commandments is hard.  People think that missionaries are perfect and are always keeping the commandments but from what I have seen, we are just normal people.  We try our hardest to keep the commandments but we are subject to the same temptations that you are, the difference is where we put ourselves and what we do with our time.  I think that this is an important part.  So listen very closely because you are in a very dangerous world and you need to be really careful.  Trust me I know. idk why i am telling you this but I feel like I should so listen up hobe haha  always put yourself in good places around good people.  I think the mutual theme for last year was stand ye in holy places.  It is so true.  You need to surround yourself with goodness.  You are very strong but peer pressure can get anyone.  You need to remember that there is great strength that we receive from reading the gospel.  Always remember that.  I am scared for when I get home because when I get home, I won’t have the force field of being a missionary.  Right now temptations come and it is easy to resist them because I am always with my comp, I am always in good places, and I am reading the scriptures. But when I get home, I can go where I want with who I want.  It’ll be a lot harder to keep the commandments when I get home but I know that with God’s help.  I can do it.  So yeah watch out hobe.  I love you lots and I know that the devil hates you and wants you to be sad so never give in to his temptations. This is what you need to hear right now.  Be careful with everything you do and make sure to always listen to the spirit. An apostle said that we never make a big mistake in our lives without being warned by the Spirit first.  Be clean so you can hear and feel what the Spirit says to you.  I love you mc crocker


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: Hola' Greetings from Your Family - We Love You
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

How that is amazing that Richard got home. It sounds like a really good talk he gave. He looks a lot different. haha well I am really glad he got home.  You should send me his email and jps as well so I can write them.  I´ll send a longer later in another email.  I was just really excited to hear about Richard.  I am glad you could go see him talk.

No comments: