Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

12/16/2013. THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER.





Baptism of Carlos.  We will baptize his kids and wife pretty soon as well.  The guy next to Elder Jaussi is his brother.  He is our ward mission leader and is one of the best ones in all of Merida.   12/15/2013.  Elder Coffman & Elder Jaussi.  Caucel, Mexico.

"Another picture of the baptism."   12/15/2013.  Elder Coffman & Elder Jaussi.  Caucel, Mexico.    
"The pictures of the Elders from 3 Zones.  It was Sister Garcias grandsons birthday so we all said happy birthday."  12/13/2013.  Caucel, MX.


"My friends from under the sea."  12/11/2013.  Caucel, MX


"Talking to a goat."  9/17/2013.



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: 12/16/2013. Hola' Greetings from your family - We Love You!
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>

buenos dias my family.  That is some really good news about Rylees farewell.  Where is he going?  I am really proud of him. and that’s pretty sweet that you talked to JP as well.  I still can’t believe that he is home now. I’ll have to try and talk to him a little haha.  None of the pics came through so you’ll have to send them again because I want to see them. I’m still not sure on the time for skype but it will probably be around 5 or 6 our time. or 4 or 5 Utah time. 

Well as far as highlights of my week, things are going good. We baptized someone who just came here from df and they are a lot different there then they are here. we have kinda come up with the idea that people here in the Yucatan are like the Mexican equivalents of rednecks or hicks in the United States.  They are all really good people but some of the things they do and their way of thinking and learning are a little different than the rest of the country.   But I have really grown to love them. It’s funny because there are a lot of funny things they do and say but it is something that I am really gonna miss when I get done with the mission. 

Well anyways, the guy who we baptized has family in Mexico that will be coming here to live on the 20th so we should be able to baptize them as well.  Like I said before, I think the key to having success as a missionary is to focus on the families.  The converts are so much stronger when that happens, that makes me think of an example of one of Jesus’ parables, its the one about the seeds that fall in different ground.  It is found in Matt 13.  Well I kinda thought of a different example. We could say that a seed falls in a patch of grass, but good grass, such as Kentucky blue grass.  Well the grass is not something that will take all the soil and nutrients like the weeds because its roots are not too deep. instead, it makes the other plants harder to pull out because it keeps the soil intact. so you could say that a seed that falls where other good plants are will, when it starts to grow, be harder to pull out.  I know from experience because I was chopeanado in front of our house and the weeds in the grass were harder to pull out or take out with the coa than the rest. so we need to be the good plants for the other members of the church, act as a system of support for everyone else so that they can keep being active in the church.  So try and be friendly and worry about everyone else.  If someone doesn’t go to church one week visit them. and if you know of someone who hasn’t been for a long time, just be their friend and they will feel the love of God through you.  Well I am happy out here and I am glad that I have the Gospel in my life.  It is the best remedy for any problem in life.

oh and I was gonna send a letter for Christmas, but I think it will get there late because the secretaries didn’t send it so we have to send it today.  Well when you get it, I hope you like it.
Well I think that’s all I have to say this week, but I probably won’t be able to write for too long next week because we are having a Christmas activity next Monday as a mission.   So Merry Christmas and I love you guys a lot

elder coffman




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coffman <david.coffman@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: Time of phone call
To: Janel Coffman <janelscoffman@gmail.com>, Scott Coffman <scottcoffman84010@gmail.com>

you guys need to tell me asap what the password will be. or we wont be able to skype tell me a number we can call if skype doesnt work and make sure you are always checking your email on Christmas and on the 23 because I might need to send something quick to get info or to say stuff about skyping. it wont be around 2. it wlll have to be later becase they dont let us leave the house until like 4 in the afternoon which is 3 utah time. please get me that info or we wont be able to skype.

No comments: