Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Friday, June 1, 2012

FIRST BAPTISM IN MEXICO!

"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life story will develop." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

¡Hola familia!  How are you?  I am very well.  We had a very special week.  We had a baptism this week.  It was perfect!  I gave a talk and my companion sang (someday I am going to sing in a baptism, but not right now because I still can’t sing well but my companion can sing very well because we sing before every lesson here in México) and there were a lot of people from the ward and investigators as well.  The name of the sister we baptized is Sandra.  She is golden, for example, she has a ton of faith and everything and even helped the ward with cleaning the church before she was baptized!  How powerful! She is very special to me.  She is my first baptism here in Mexico, and also I feel love for her.  I hope we are friends throughout our lives.  Also, this week we were in a lesson teaching a man who was really “macho” and we sang the hymn “Families Can Be Together Forever” and this man told us that he had never felt more at peace in his life.  And that was because that song is true and the Holy Ghost told him it is.  That’s what I like most about the Gospel – that we can live together forever.  Let us behave ourselves familia so that someday we can all obtain this gift. (:  I love you a lot.  Also, I taught a class of Gospel Principles yesterday and I was sweating SO MUCH again because it was so hot and I had to wear my suit jacket and everything. It was so hot that you could see the sweat in my suit. I think I am getting a little more used to the heat, but even so the jacket almost kills me every Sunday.  Also, yesterday and Saturday we ate a TON.  I feel like I have gained 8 kilos but we ate mole Saturday and yesterday and I love mole, so, I ate a lot.  Also I ate like 15 tacos de cabeza, lengua (tongue) and cerebro (brain).  They were so good!  A family just bought a cow’s head, cooked it and then we ate it -- it was so good, but I think I am going to gain a lot of weight because the food is so good all the time, but oh well.  I get along well with all the families because I eat a lot.


(Stephen’s note:  when he says “mole” (pronounced “mol-lay”), he is talking about a famous Mexican dish, which is many times chicken or another meat covered with a delicious chocolate sauce (“mole”) – and he’s not kidding when he said it’s good.  And, no, he is not referring to the little animal which resembles a rat or gerbil jaja. c; )

Mother, I like that quote about adversity a lot.  It’s true.  And thanks for that family chart.  I like to ride my bike in the rain as well.  We are now walking in the rain and it is fun as well.  It’s just that at times my things get soaked, but it is still fun.  That’s really good with Michelle and Lake Powell.  That lake is really fun.  I love charity as well.  I think this is something you have taught me very well.  I always feel like I need it more in my teachings and everything.  It is a gift of Christ and we should pray so we have this important gift.  If you want to send me Elder Hill’s address, that’s okay.  Whatever is best. I don’t have a new companion.  I am still with Elder Mills.  He is really powerful – a really good guy.  He has helped me a lot.  I love you a lot my beloved Mother.

Stephen, I can already understand better.  It’s because I have prayed for the gift of tongues and the interpretation of tongues and I know God has blessed me so I can have these gifts.  I still don’t know whom I can best help, but I like to be with kids, but it’s hard because of the rules.  They have something innocent and something special about them.  I almost can’t describe it, but it is something I like.  I think I like women more than men as well.  They have something special.  I want to develop myself so I can help them better.  Thanks for everything and I love you.

(Stephen’s note:  I sent David a message telling him certain missionaries may be blessed with certain gifts so they can bless specific groups of people (like youth, for example).  I also told him that in my mission the group I most helped was women between the ages of 28 and 55 (more or less).  So that’s where he’s coming from with these comments.)

Daddy, that’s really sad about the truck.  We’re no longer going to have the best, most beautiful, most macho truck in the ward.  Are you going to replace it?  I hope so.  That’s really good with the Book of Mormon.  I almost have finished it as well and it is a beautiful book.  I know it is true.  Adios.  I love you.

Original Spanish Version:
Hola familia! como estan? yo estoy muy bien. tuvimos una semana muy especial. tuvimos un bautismo este semana. estaba perfecto! yo di un discorso y mi companero canto (algun dia voy a cantar en un bautizmo, pero ahorita no porque todavia no puedo cantar bien jaja, pero mi companero puede cantar muy bueno porque cantamos antes de cada leccion aqui en mexico) y habia muchas personas del barrio y investigadores tambien. la hermana que bauticemos se llama sandra. ella es de oro. como ella tiene muchisisimo fe y todo y aun ayudo el barrio con la limpieza de la iglesia antes de que fuera bautizado! que potente jaja ella es muy espicial para mi. ella es mi primer bautizmo aqui en mexico, y tambien siento amor para ella. ojala que seamos amigos a lo largo de nuestras vidas. tambien este semana, estabamos en una leccion en la cual le ensenamos a un hombre que era bien macho y cantamos el himno las familias pueden ser eternas y este hombre nos dijo que jamas ha sentido mas tranquillo en su vida. y eso porque esta cancion es verdadera y el espiritu santo le dijo a el que lo es. es lo que me encanta lo mas del evangelio. que podemos vivir para siempre juntos. que nos portemos bien famila para que algun dia logremos este don todos(: los amo mucho. tambien di una clase en principios del evangelio ayer y estaba sudando muchchchchcimo otro vez porque hizo mucho calor y tuve que llevar puesto mi saco y todo. jaja hizo tanto calor que se pudo ver el sudor en mi traje jaja creo que estoy acostumbrandome un poco mas a calor, pero todavia el saco casi me mata cada domingo. tambien ayer y sabado, comimos muchisisimo. como me siento que he subido como 8 kilos jaja pero comimos mole el sabado y ayer y me encanta el mole y por eso, comi mucho. tambien comi como 15 tacos de cabeza, lengua y cerebo. estaba bien rico! como una familia nada mas compro una cabeza de rez, la cocino y ya lo comimos jaja pero estaba bien rico, pero creo que voy a subir mucho peso porque la comida es bien rica todo el tiempo jaja pero ni modo. me cae bien con todas las familias porque como mucho jaja.
mama, me gusta esta cita mucho sobre la adversidad. es verdad. y gracias por este chart de la familia. y me gustaba andar por la bici en la lluvia tambien. ya estamos caminando en lluvia y es divertido tambien. nada mas que a veces, mis cosas se mojan, pero todavia es divertido. y que bueno con michelle y lake powell. es muy diverdito este lago. me encanta la caridad tambien. creo que esto es algo que me has ensenado muy bien. siempre siento que la necesito mas en mis ensenanzas y todo. es un don de cristo y debemos orar para que tengamos este cosa inportante. si quiere enviarme la dirrecion, de el elder hills, esta bien. lo que sea. y no tengo un companero nuevo. todavia estoy con el elder mills. el es bien potente. muy buena honda. me ha ayudado mucho. te amo mucho querido madre
esteban, ya puedo entender mejor. es que he orado para el don de lenguas y interpretation de lenguas y se que Dios me ha bendecido para que tuviera estos dones. todavia no se quien puedo ayudar lo mejor, pero me gusta estar con los ninos pero es dificil a cuasa de las reglas jaja. ellos tienen algo inocente y algo especial. casi no puedo descrebirlo pero es algo que me gusta. creo que me gustan las mujeres mas que los hombres tambien. ellas tienen algo espeical. quiero desarrollarme para que las ayude mejor. gracias por todo y te amo.
papa que triste con la camioneta. ya no vamos a tener lo mejor lo bonito lo macho camineta en el barrio. vas a reemplezarlo? ojala que si. que bueno con el libro de mormon. casi lo termino tambien y es un libro hermoso. se que es verdad. adios te amo.

No comments: