Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Monday, May 21, 2012

" ... ye may know the truth of ALL things ..."






"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things..."
Moroni 10:2-5


¡Hola familia!  ¿Cómo estáis?  jaja I am really well.  This week went well.  We had a zone conference and we learned a lot of things about conversion and repentance.  Make sure you are converted to the Gospel.  Also, repentance is a great blessing.  It’s hard and requires pain, but it is also beautiful.  I love Alma 36 – I think it talks about repentance.  You should read it as a familia.  Something I need is my four- generation pedigree chart.  We are going to start to use family history more in the mission so I need it as soon as possible.  Thanks.
Mother, that’s really good with the roses.  You have peace roses?  I love to be healthy as well.  Our body is a temple of God and we should treat it like a temple.  I remember when we were riding our bikes when I was younger.  It was really fun.  That quote from President Monson is true.  Life is hard by the yard, but a cinch by the inch.  I love you VERY MUCH Mother.  XO
Michelle, I love you too.  That’s really powerful with the eclipse.  Now it is raining a lot and at times I am afraid because our house is short and the streets are always full with water, but we still haven’t had problems.  I hope everything is going well with your grades.  They are so important.  If I were home, I would help you, but I am going to rely on the fox. jaja  Keep going hermanita in your faith, school, and, well, all your life.
Daddy, that’s really good that you’re selling a lot of things, except the truck!  How sad.  Now we’re not going to have a manual transmission car.  Here, almost all the cars are standard, or in other words, manual.  Have you already cut down the tree?  Something I miss is working with you on the cars and the garden, etc… but I am doing another kind of work - and I love this work.  Thanks for everything.  I love you.
Hermanito, that is something I noticed this week – all the Christlike attributes are connected, does that make sense?  If you have one, you are going to have another.  Cool, right?  Thanks for what you said about hope, and Facebook and technology.  I am going to use Mormon.org a TON in the work.  It is going to be really powerful.
Also, I want to tell you all something about the Book of Mormon, faith and prayer.  We have an investigator who doesn’t want to read the Book of Mormon.  She wants us to convince her with the Bible.  Basically, she doesn’t have faith.  It’s funny because my companion knows the Bible very well and can answer all questions easily - and we have done this also.  The thing is that she still doesn’t believe.  Even though we have showed her a lot of scriptures about the great apostasy and the Priesthood, the Restoration, baptism, etc… she doesn’t know.  For me, this experience fortifies my testimony of the Book of Mormon, prayer and faith.  I know that all her doubts can be resolved easily if she reads the Book of Mormon and prays about it.  We can show her all the scriptures and answer all her questions, but this is nothing more than giving her knowledge.  She will not grow.  She will only know.  There is a difference.  But the best way is to read the book and ask our Heavenly Father if it is true.  This will increase her faith and she will feel the Spirit.

No comments: