Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Friday, March 16, 2012

I'M ON THE LORD'S TIME

Well i'm just gonna write in english becuase i was hearing that it's taking a while to translate. jaja well i'm assuming you haven't received my letter about the clothes yet..well when you do,  tell me if there is anythiing i can do or if i just need to buy new ones. that's great that y'all have been reading those scriptures. they really are amazing. i have found new things in the scriptures everyday that can apply to my life, or to the lives of my investigators. and i love the
simplicity of the gospel as well. it's amazing how deep you can get into it if you want to. great job on doing these things as a family. i was reading a talk this week in language study about how satan is trying to work at destroying the family because he knows that the future of the church is going to be michelle, stephen, me, cameron, brock, and all the other youth. try doing everything possible to strengthen the family(: i always tell the investigators that one of my most favorite things about the gospel is the fact that it blesses families so much and that we can live together forever like the song we sang before i left. I really appreciate all the support i am getting from all of you. it's really nice to know that i've got people praying for me.


Mother: I don't think i'll be able to get on that website for the pictures because it's not authorized by the president.  and i'll get some pictures on the bike. i've only crashed 7 times(; jaja and i never wear my helmet!!!!! (sj mc) and thanks for sending those things for me. if they ever ask why they're getting emails from you, just tell them that i can't communicate via email with anyone besides my fam and mission president and that obedience brings 
blessings, but exact obedience brings milagros. te amo mucho mama (miracles.  I love you a lot Mother).

I'm on the Lords time now and from 6:30 in the morning to 10:30 at night, i'm a consecrated missionary. God's blessed me with so much that it's the least i can do. i've got enough to worry about with investigators, comp. less actives, etc. Once again thank you for being so great all the time. there's a scripture in nefi that talks about how Jesus loves us more than mothers, and it's hard to believe that after knowing all you have done for me. thankyou for having such a big impact on my life. i love you mother(:

(Stephen’s note – the above was in written mostly in English and copied and pasted; the following was in Spanish)

Michelle!!  Wow!!!!! Your Spanish is really good!!!  It sounds better than my Spanish!  That’s really good.  Did you write it or did you use Google to write it?  Well, good job on your dance.  It is really important that you have friends who share your standards.  I’ve seen a lot of problems here in Texas that result from part member homes.  But I know you already know this.  I just love you and I hope you’re happy and I know this gospel is the only way to be happy.  I love your advice.  Life is hard at times, but everything happens for a reason.  God knows everything.  We have to have patience with everything and have the wisdom to know we can grow from this experience.  I love you hermanita(: 
P.S. Did you see the thing in Mother’s part? ;)

Hermanito, thanks for your advice.  It’s true.  I need to gain the member’s confidence.  And the only way to do it is to work very hard.  That’s what I love about missionary work.  I love to work.  It is really good.  I love the fact that when I’m working, doing everything I can do, God is going to help me.  I know I need His help all the time.  Thanks a lot.

Papá, I don’t have much time to write you, but that was really funny!  Jaja I love the Beverly Hill Billies jajaja and I need to treat all people like my brothers and sisters.  Thanks for everything.(: And it’s really cool that we can relate anything in the world to the gospel.  Because God doesn’t give us anything that is temporal.  Everything is spiritual.  I love you papá.  
First Baptism in Ft. Worth in which Elder C participated



 

No comments: