Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Thursday, March 29, 2012

STAYING IN SHAPE: EMOTIONAL AND SPIRITUAL FITNESS

Hi family!!  I haven’t heard anything about my visa, but I think it’s going to arrive soon because I felt a prompting yesterday and also we are going to have a trio with Elder Smith and me.  So I think this means President Sagers thinks I am going to leave soon.  But I don’t know.  It doesn’t matter much to me where I serve because I know I am here in Texas for a reason.  I am here to serve God and my brothers and sisters that don’t have this great blessing which we already have as members of the only true Church upon the face of the Earth.  Well…my other companions have been Elder Driggs and Elder Collins (they were with me in Weatherford for just two weeks) and Elder Hansen (just three days in Mineralwells).  Generally, I only teach in Spanish, but sometimes we find English speaking people or parent’s kids who don’t speak Spanish well so we teach a little in English.  This week went really well.  We already have 10 new investigators who are families.  This Gospel is so important for families.  I have seen many blessings for families from others through this Gospel.  This last Saturday we had two baptisms.  One was for Leslie P.  Her parents were baptized 3/3/12, but she was afraid so she wasn’t baptized, but Saturday she was baptized.  The other baptism was actually from the sister missionaries, but I performed the baptism!!  It was really cool.  It reminded me of when we did baptisms for the dead jaja but it was really good.  I received the packages with the clothes. I am taking a lot of pictures and I am going to try to send a CD with the pictures.  And my bike is really good now.  Thanks.
Mother, congratulations on your new job. I love you a lot (: 


Stephen, thanks a lot for the talks and the music!  I was reading the Liahona while I was exercising but now I’m listening to the talks.  They are really good!!!  And thanks for the advice.  Nunca se dé por vencido (never give up).  I sent Alma a letter last week.  What you told me is going to help a lot.  I am studying the language every day…well, some days we don’t have time, but my companion and I are trying.  Also, we are going to have an Elder from Mexico so we are going to speak more.  We are trying to speak Spanish all the time, and it is really good.
Michelle!!  What a crazy week you had!  jaja I laughed when I read the part when you said the car crashed, that it was pretty cool jaja I hope all is well (:
Daddy, this is really cool with Abraham.  I wish I had paid more attention in seminary because I learned this, but I can’t remember it.  But I already knew about Isaac and Ishmael and this is why the Muslims don’t like the Jews.  But it is really good.  Thanks.  I hope everything is well.
Also, this week I realized that we are very different from other religions.  What happened was that Elder Smith and I were in companionship study and suddenly we had Jehovah Witnesses come up.  They really bug me because there are a lot of them and they always want to fight with us.  But I wanted a challenge, so I talked to them a little.  I realized that they weren’t there for love, for Christ, or for the benefit of my brothers and sisters.  They were there for pride and to deceive us.  I could feel a strange spirit.  At first, they didn’t know I was a missionary of Jesus Christ, but when they found out, they just wanted to fight with me.  Jaja it was really fun to talk with them and I remembered what Mother said: “I need to be more emotionally in shape” and “I kept my cool” and I used the Spirit to testify.  I love this work because I can teach with charity and with the Spirit.  It is really good…but the Jehovah Witnesses are really stubborn, but they are still my brothers and I love them. I love you family and may God bless you all!!!
Fort Worth Baptism 3-2012

No comments: