Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

4/1/2013 The importance of bringing the lost sheep back into the fold.


 
3-22-2013 "Hna Margarita and our bautismo last week, Karla."


3-29-2013


3/31/2013.  "There two hermanas want to be misioneras so I let one of them wear my gafet haha."

Hello my family. how are you guys doing? I guess we are writing a little earlier this week then we usually do so I don´t think y´all have sent the email out haha but it´s all good. this week went really well. we didn't have a baptism, but we are preparing some people right now to be baptized and it´s amazing to see the changes that take place in their lives. for example, one of the people we are teaching is a young lady that has 11 years. when we first started teaching her, she never wanted to read but now she basically wants to read everything we have and pray every time.  I love seeing the changes in the lives of the people.  I feel like I have a different perspective on things also.  I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to help others.  I am always amazed at how through helping others, we grow too a lot.  I love this work and I love the gospel.  I am really grateful for the atonement.  I know that Christ atoned for the sins of everyone.  I love the scriptures that talk about how Christ is always inviting other people to come unto him and that he is here to help everyone.  He suffered for everyone and everyone has the opportunity and the right to use the atonement to not only avoid suffering for their own sins, but also to be healed and to me made perfect. this invitation of Christ, venid a mi, is one that I have felt is especially strong for those that have fallen. there are a  lot of people in our families, neighborhood, ward, etc. that have felt the atonement at one time in their life, but have now fallen away for some reason or another. we have the duty of helping them to feel the spirit of God and the love of Christ otra vez en their lives. although there may be billions of reasons why someone has fallen away, there is one universal solution for everyone. and that solution is the atonement of Christ. many times they feel like that they can´t return or that it has been too long, but Christ never said that. he never said to go away, or that there was no hope. he was always inviting people to come unto him and he still has his arms wide open to receive every single child of God.  I know that there are a lot of people that have fallen away and they are the ones that we need to help. I have realized the  great joy that one can receive as one helps someone return to the church. I know yáll can receive great joy and many other blessings as you help the lost sheep return to the good pastor. well I don´t think I have much more to say this week for yáll but I hope everything is going good back there in utah I love you guys.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Elder Coffman -
David keep up the good work and thanks so much for the wonderful message.
PS- I sent our family email to your other email address by mistake but it's in your missionary inbox now.
Love Always,
Mother xo xo

Unknown said...

¡Sí! ¡Hola! Great message!!