Called to Serve

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work ... and faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work." - D&C 4:3-5

Sunday, February 12, 2012

FINAL LETTER FROM THE MTC - 2/9/12

¡Hola Familia! How are you? I am very well. I am really excited to be leaving tomorrow. My mission is just Fort Worth, Dallas. It’s a different mission. I love being a missionary. I am learning so many things every day. This week, I realized that I have been blessed with a wonderful family! Thank you. Also, I have been blessed with great friends. Thank you. Here in the MTC, there are so many missionaries that have challenges in their families and with their lives at home, but I feel that God has given me an almost perfect family! Thanks again. I know why God has called all the young men in the Church to serve. This work is so important. I feel honored to help God with His work and glory. And also I think I am a better man because I am a missionary. It doesn’t matter to me if it is hard or not because Jesus Christ has suffered for me, and every person in the world’s history. His Atonement is infinite. Every person needs to use it. And He can help them with things besides sins. Did you know that? It’s infinite. I love the Atonement. And you all should thank God every day for it. I have started to read Jesus the Christ and it is a wonderful book. And I still have not received the memory cards. I still want them. Thanks. I think that when I go to Mexico, I will just send CDs with pictures because I don’t want to lose the memory cards. Thanks.

Mother! ¡Feliz cumpleaños! I am going to call you today, maybe at night. I hope you have received your letter. I have taken 220 pictures and I am going to send them in a box that has things I don’t need. Happy birthday! And I am going to take a picture in front of the Cowboys stadium. It’s funny because I am going to take a picture in the Mayan ruins also, so I am going to have pictures with two famous buildings. Good job on reading the scriptures. They are very important, and I know it. And I pray for you every day. I love you Mother!

Stephen, good luck with your CNA, and mother too. How is school? I forgot you wrote me last week so I don’t have much to say, except that I asked my district if they had heard of Maná and all the sisters said “of course!!!” They love Maná!!! And then I sang Amor, Amor, Amor and it was so cool jajajaja have you heard “The Miracle of a Mission” by Jeffery R. Holland? It’s a really good talk. Well, I love you!!

Papi!!! (Daddy) Be careful with the anaranjo (I think I spelled this wrong) but I hope you are feeling better after your fall. And thanks for the Superbowl information. I ate kipper snacks that day and they were delicious! I am going to eat the rest today. Do you have a job? Well, I love you. And thanks for everything. You have been a great example, just like the whole family.

Michelle, ¿cómo estás? I hope your school is going good. It is very important. And I love you. And good job with reading the scriptures. Bye.

¡Hasta la vista familia!

No comments: